I was taking my morning break walk, wobbling my way down the road, when I spotted an old, worn and dirty penny. "Find a penny, pick it up and all day long you'll have good luck." Usually I'm the type of person that actually does pick up the penny. For good luck? No. Because I'm frugal/cheap? Probably both. But today, when I considered picking up that old and dingy penny, two painful thoughts came to mind:
"You know you have to actually bend over to get that penny," and then "Remember when you had to hold your breath this morning just to put on your shoes?"
So today I passed up the penny. And I realized that I'm still feeling "good," but I'm also beginning to feel extremely pregnant. Only 108 days to go!
5 comments:
Oh, I remember those days! Better get yourself some shoes you can just slip on. It gets embarrasing when you have to ask a co-worker to tie your shoes for you!
My poor friend. It's all worth it when you see that precious little bundle... I promise.
this story made me giggle. love it.. and I can totally relate, well not currently relate- but..whatever. my brain is still missing. let me know if you find that one your walk.
I think feeling good and extremely pregnant at this point sounds all together normal :)
Ha ha what a funny story. At one point I was thinking the Penny story was going to turn in to some biblical principal... but then no, just Elaine's big ol' tummy!! Ha ha!! Love you and am so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to meet her!!
Just think, soon you won't even see the penny! LOL
Post a Comment